[NTG-context] overlay or layer for chapter head.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Apr 1 16:19:03 CEST 2015

I am redoing a book for a client. Each chapter
head has a fancy design. I want to reproduce that
fancy page but still have the "\chapter"
statement for running heads, TOC etc.

Is there a way that I can overlay the entire
chapter first page with a graphic, ideally a one
page pdf file.

I have tried workarounds with
\startstandardmakeup,\writetolist,
\definemarking etc. but the whole thing is
getting too complicated. I just want to overlay a
the entire page with a graphic yet have
the real content of the page still available for
TOC, running head, indexing terms etc.

Any suggestions?

--
John Culleton