[NTG-context] line break between number and footnote text in paragraph footnotes

massifr at fastwebnet.it massifr at fastwebnet.it
Wed Apr 1 10:56:50 CEST 2015

> On 4/1/2015 12:15 AM, mf wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have a problem with paragraph footnotes. I don't know how to prevent a
> > line break occurring between the footnote number and the footnote text.
> > Sometimes a thing like this happens:
> >
> > ... [main text] ...
> >
> > --------------
> > 1. text of the first footnote --- 2. text of the second one --- 3.
> > text of the third one
> >
> > Is there a way to force ConTeXt to keep the "3." with "text of the third
> > one"?
>
> example needed

>      tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                               | www.pragma-pod.nl

Here it is:

\definenote[footnote]
\setupnotation[footnote][
  alternative=serried,
  numberstopper=,
  numbercommand={\high},
  numberconversion=a,
  way=bypage,
  width=0.5pt,
  location=page]

\setupnote[footnote][
  alternative=serried,
  paragraph=yes,
  inbetween= \emdash{} ,
  location=page,
  before={\blank[2*line]}]

\starttext
First footnote\footnote{this is the text of the first footnote}. Another
one\footnote{the second one, longer to get to the right margin}.
And the third one,\footnote{third footnote} with the ā€œcā€ letter
separated by a line break from the footnote text.
\stoptext

I'm using the ConTeXt package from Debian testing, version 2014.05.21.20140528-2.
Here's the output of "context --version":
mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 0.60
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | main context file: /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
mtx-context     | current version: 2014.05.21 22:04