[NTG-context] string capacity exceeded

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Mar 30 23:16:33 CEST 2015

I get this message in a file where I am using
many external figures:

error on line 1 in file chapter2.tex: ! TeX
capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=10000]

The wiki says:
In texmf.cnf fix the value that has been reported
as too small...

In texmf.cnf I raised this parameter from 5000 to
15000:

stack_size = 5000       % simultaneous input
sources

But got the same message.

Any hints? Do I need to reboot something to make
this new size be in effect?

Do I need to reduce the size of some of my
external figures?

do I need to split the output pdf file into
multiples?

Texlive 2014 Slackware Linux 14.1 three 64k
processors
4 gigs memory.

--
John Culleton