[NTG-context] Bug in the latest beta: \frac

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Mon Mar 30 11:59:58 CEST 2015

On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 20:29:15 +0100
Otared Kavian <otared at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> I just tried the new beta (ConTeXt  ver: 2015.03.28 16:30 MKIV beta
> fmt: 2015.3.28  int: english/english) It gives an error with the
> following minimal example:
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
> \frac{2}{4}
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
>
> The error message is:
> \math_frac_command ->\cclf_mathfraction
>                                         {\mathfractionparameter
> \c!rule }\nu... \math_fraction_inner_normal ...\math_frac_command
>                                                   {\usemathstyleparameter
> \m... l.3 \frac{2}{4}
>

> However using \over works fine, as in the following example:
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
> {1 \over 2}
> \stopformula
> \stoptext

I confirm that $\frac12$ yields an error:

tex error       > error on line 2 in file frac.tex: ! Missing number, treated as zero

<to be read again>
\506>:left ->0x
               2E
\math_frac_command ...thfractionparameter \c!left
                                                  \relax \numexpr
\mathfract... \math_fraction_inner_normal ...\math_frac_command
                                                  {\usemathstyleparameter
\m... l.2 $\frac12
          $

1     \starttext