[NTG-context] export images

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Sat Mar 21 12:01:35 CET 2015

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 02:55:08 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am 21.03.2015 um 03:09 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
>> <ishamid at colostate.edu>:
>>
>> Dear gang,
>>
>> How do we get images in the export? Here is my sample (also attached):
>>
>> ==============
>> \setupbackend[export=yes]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startalignment [middle]
>> \dontleavehmode
>> \externalfigure[mill.png]
>> \stopalignment
>> \stoptext
>> ==============
>>
>> div output:
>>
>> ==
>> ==
>>
>> So it seems that \externalfigure[mill.png] is tagged in the output but
>> the
>> image itself is ignored. What am I missing here? pdf output is correct;
>> copied mill.png from the context sample folder
>>
>> /tex/texmf-context/tex/context/sample/mill.png
>
> Put mill.png in the images folder which should exist in the export
> folder.

Thanks, Wolfgang!

One more question on this: How can I setup the images so that I don't have
to toggle, e.g.

\externalfigure[basmalah.png][width=3in]
% \externalfigure[basmalah.pdf][width=3in]

Is there a way to tell the export to use the png option, while telling the
pdf output to use the pdf? This is important when the image is made from a
font (no needs scalability in the pdf). Thanks again, Wolfgang, and

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid