[NTG-context] indentnext=auto

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Wed Mar 18 00:50:18 CET 2015

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:04:32 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am 17.03.2015 um 21:30 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد

>> ====================
>> \setupindenting[big,yes]
>> % Do not indent the first line of a block quote
>> \setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][before={\blank[medium]
>> \setupindenting[no]},after={\blank[medium]}]
>
> \setupdelimitedtext
>   [blockquote]
>   [spacebefore=medium,
>    spaceafter=medium,
>    indenting=no]

Duly noted, thanks!

>> From what I understand, if [indentnext=auto] is activated then a blank
>> line after the environment should activate indenting; no blank line
>> after the environment should impede indenting.
>>
>> In this example, we get no indentation either way. Am I missing
>> something, or is it a bug?
>
> It’s bug in the delimited text mechanism (typo-del.mkvi), a \aftergroup
> is missing before \dorechecknextindentation.
>
> \def\typo_delimited_stop_par
>   {\removeunwantedspaces
>    \removelastskip
>    \rightdelimitedtextmark
>    \carryoverpar\endgroup % new per 2013-01-21 ... please left floats
>    \popmacro\checkindentation
>    \typo_delimited_stop_par_indeed
>    \delimitedtextparameter\c!after
>    \edef\p_delimited_spaceafter{\delimitedtextparameter\c!spaceafter}%
>    \ifx\p_delimited_spaceafter\empty \else
>      \blank[\p_delimited_spaceafter]%
>    \fi
>    \useindentnextparameter\delimitedtextparameter
> -  \dorechecknextindentation}% AM: This was missing!
> +  \aftergroup\dorechecknextindentation}% AM: This was missing!

Wow, so a bug indeed... I hope Hans is reading this -)

>> By the way, something like
>>
>> \setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][indentnext=yes]
>>
>> \startparagraph[indenting=no]
>> \input ward
>> \stopparagraph
>>
>> would be a nice feature. Any chance?
>
> \startsetups[paragraph:noindent]
> 	\setupindenting[no]
> \stopsetups
>
> \defineparagraph[noindent][setups=paragraph:noindent]
>
> \setupindenting[yes,big]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startparagraph
> \input ward
> \stopparagraph
>
> \startparagraph[noindent]
> \input ward
> \stopparagraph
>
> \startparagraph
> \input ward
> \stopparagraph
>
> \stoptext

Wonderful, this is so much better than an explicit \noindentation. I
really need to spend some time to learn the power of setups! Thanks a
million, Wolfgang, and

Best wishes
Idris
--