[NTG-context] currentreferencerealpage wrong (how to detect even/odd pages?)

Harald Koenig koenig at tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Mar 15 20:13:51 CET 2015

On Mar 15, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> > Am 15.03.2015 um 16:40 schrieb Harald Koenig <koenig at tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > right now I use \currentreferencerealpage to detect if I'm on an even or odd page
> > (because my picture placement rules depend on it) like this:
> >
> > \newcount\bildpage
> > \bildpage=1
> > % ...
> > \def\bild#1...{%
> >     {\global\bildpage=\realpageno}%
> >     \ifodd\bildpage \def\eo{o}\else \def\eo{e}\fi
> >     % ...
> >     \if o\eo odd...\else even...\fi
> >    \message{>> bildpage=\the\bildpage \space eo=\eo \space currentreferencerealpage=\currentreferencerealpage \space << }%
> > }
> >
> > but now I notice that for some pages/pictures the value of \currentreferencerealpage
> > is not correct (only for the first picture on a new page?):-(
>
> To test whether you’re on a left or right page you can use the \signalrightpage and \doifrightpageelse commands

this doesn't seem to work well -- at least not within \placefigure

I've tried this replacement in my \bild macro which should be equivalent (or better?)

%   \ifodd\bildpage \def\eo{o}\else \def\eo{e}\fi
%   \ifodd\bildpage \def\lr{r}\else \def\lr{l}\fi
    \dontleavehmode\signalrightpage
    \doifrightpageelse{\def\eo{o}}{\def\eo{e}}%
    \doifrightpageelse{\def\lr{r}}{\def\lr{r}}%

(with and without \dontleavehmode\signalrightpage)
and now I get more wrong picture placements for the first picture on some pages...

I vaguely remember that

     {\global\bildpage=\currentreferencerealpage}%
     {\global\bildpage=\realpageno}%

was a hack from Hans to work arround "issues" to get the real page number within those floats ?!

Harald
--
"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\