[NTG-context] Indentation within footnotes

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Sun Mar 15 19:36:18 CET 2015

Hi Pablo,

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:29:25 -0600, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es> wrote:

> On 03/15/2015 03:16 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
>> [...]
>> \setupnotation[footnote][indenting=yes,next]
>> \setupfootnotedefinition[before={\setupindenting[big,yes]}]
>>
>> will give me what I want. But can anyone explain why *both* commands are
>> needed? Toggling these two commands doesn't work.

<snip>

> \setupindenting[big,yes]
> \startsetups[footnote:indenting]
>     \setupindenting[big,yes]
> \stopsetups
> \setupheads[indentnext=no]
> \setupnote[footnote][setups=footnote:indenting]
> \setupnotation[footnote][indenting=yes,next]

Fortunately, it's much easier that that ;-)

% Argument to after= controls vertical space between notes
\setupnotation
[footnote][before={\setupwhitespace[big]},indenting={yes,big},after={\blank[small]}]

As mentioned in the other email, the first "next" is apparently already
built in, no no need for it.

> (you are a ConTeXt expert and I’m only a long-term newbie :-))

Well, all users are long-term ConTeXt newbies, now and forever... The only
exception is Wolfgang ;-)

And I still suspect Wolfgang is just Hans in disguise :D

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid