[NTG-context] Indentation within footnotes

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Sun Mar 15 15:16:17 CET 2015

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 07:42:11 -0600, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
<ishamid at colostate.edu> wrote:

> Dear gang,
>
> In the attached example: For a given footnote I would like for the first
> line of each paragraph after paragraph one to be indented. What do I need
> to do to get this right? Thanks in advance, and
>
> Best wishes
> Idris
>
> ============
> \setupindenting[big,yes]
> \setupheads[indentnext=no]
> \setupnotation[footnote][command={\setupindenting[big,yes]},indenting=yes,next]
>
> \starttext
> \startsubject[title=Indentation Within a Footnote]
> \input ward
> \startfootnote
> \input ward
>
> \input ward
>
> \input ward
> \stopfootnote
>
> \input ward
> \stopsubject
> \stoptext

\setupnotation[footnote][indenting=yes,next]
\setupfootnotedefinition[before={\setupindenting[big,yes]}]

will give me what I want. But can anyone explain why *both* commands are
needed? Toggling these two commands doesn't work.

Best wishes
Idris

--
Idris Samawi Hamid