[NTG-context] \placefootnotes at the end of each chapter, conditionally

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 12 22:59:33 CET 2015

On 3/12/2015 8:01 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> I have a simple problem:
>
> I would like to place
>
> \startsubject[title=Footnotes]
>      \placefootnotes
> \stopsubject
>
> at the end of each chapter, thus effectively before each \stopchapter
> BUT only if there are footnotes to be placed, i.e. I do not want to
> have empty Footnotes subjects appearing in my document.
>
> Supplementary question, just for fun:
> how to specify title=Footnote if there is only one?

\startsetups chapter:after
     \ifcase\rawcountervalue[footnote]\relax
     \or
         \startsubject[title=Footnote]
             \placefootnotes
         \stopsubject
     \else
         \startsubject[title=Footnotes]
             \placefootnotes
         \stopsubject
     \fi
\stopsetups

\setupnotes[location=none]
\setupnotation[way=bychapter]

\setuphead[chapter][aftersection=\setups{chapter:after}]

\starttext
     \dorecurse{4}{
         \startchapter[title=Number #1]
             A few notes\dorecurse{\numexpr#1-1\relax}{\footnote{Note
#1.##1}}.
         \stopchapter
     }