[NTG-context] mkiv and lettrine

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Tue Mar 10 22:51:52 CET 2015

After studying that, I’ve been unable to find out how to do the following.

\starttext
\placeinitial {``L}{\kap{\bf et me}} tell you a little
story.\index{Wittgenstein+ice floor analogy} There was once a
young man who dreamed of reducing the world to pure logic. Because he was a
very clever young man, he actually managed to do it. When he had finished his
work, he stood back and admired it. It was beautiful! A world purged of
imperfection and indetermenency. Countless acres of gleaming ice stretching to
the horizon.  So the clever young man looked around the world he had created
and decided to explore it. He took one step forward and fell flat on his back.
You see, he had forgotten about friction! The ice was smooth and level and
stainless, but you couldn't walk there. So the clever young man sat down and
wept bitter tears. But as he grew into a wise old man, he came to understand
that roughness and ambiguity aren't imperfections, they are what make the
\stoptext

I’d like to
- Have ``L in the initial (quote mark + L)
- Have the initial a bit in the margin, but not fully
- Have the top of the initial not rise above the top of the first line