[NTG-context] \setupcaptions question

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 13:06:52 CET 2015

> Am 13.02.2015 um 08:53 schrieb j. van den hoff <veedeehjay at googlemail.com>:
>
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 04:54:58 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No, you’re right. I used the wrong command (\at is used to show the page where to float was placed)
>
> understood.
>
>> and so far there is only a workaround for this problem. What you can do
>
> OK, does this require some sort of formal bug report or can the issue be
> now considered to be on the "to do" list?
>
>> is to use the “suffix” key to set
>> a stopper for the caption which will only appear in the caption itself.
>> \setupexternalfigure[location=default]
>> \setupcaption[figure][suffix=:]
>> \starttext
>> Take a look at \in{picture}[fig:cow] below.
>> \startplacefigure[reference=fig:cow,title=A dutch cow]
>>  \externalfigure[cow]
>> \stopplacefigure
>> \stoptext
>> This solution is far from perfect because normally the suffix key is used for the internal counter
>> of split floats, e.g. when a numbered table is split over several tables and you get numbers label
>> „Table 3.a” etc.
>
> I see. I think workaround will suffice for the present document, thank you. I will
> do that (and hope for a timely fix so that I can revert to numberstopper soon…)

The new beta let you change the stopper symbol which is shown in the reference,
to disable the stopper you have to use “numberstopper={\symbol[none]}”.

\setupexternalfigure[location=default]

\setupcaption[figure][numberstopper=:]
\setupreferencestructureprefix[figure][default][numberstopper={\symbol[none]}]

\starttext

Take a look at \in{picture}[fig:cow] below.

\startplacefigure[reference=fig:cow,title=A dutch cow]
  \externalfigure[cow]
\stopplacefigure

\stoptext

Wolfgang