[NTG-context] jpeg problem: Dimension too large

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:35:01 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 10:18 PM, Harald Koenig <
koenig at tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> and here a 1st problem including (some) JPGs which are created/converted
> using "convert"
> from ImageMagick (using ImageMagick-6.8.6.9-2.28.1.x86_64 from openSUSE
> 13.1 -- just in case...)
>
> btw. -- I'm using a decent standalone context installation, full log file
> attached...
>
> running "context j1.tex" I get
>
>         LuaTeX warning: arithmetic: number too big
>         graphics        > inclusion > limiting natural dimensions of
> './IMG_9712c1_bad.jpg' (height)
>
>         tex error       > error on line 1 in file
> /home/harald/tex/Indien-2015/j1.tex: ! Dimension too large
>
> for "IMG_9712c1_bad.jpg" which was generated with this command:
>
>      convert -resize 632x330 IMG_9712c1_ok.jpg IMG_9712c1_bad.jpg
>

> using other tools I can't find any problem with that "bad" jpg, only
> context complains:-(
>
> what's wrong with "IMG_9712c1_bad.jpg" ?also with pdftex

also with pdftex:

figures         : dimensions of IMG_9712c1_ok loaded from figurefile itself

pdfTeX warning: pdftex: arithmetic: number too big
 <./IMG_9712c1_bad.jpg>
! Dimension too large.
<to be read again>

\setanalyzedfiguredimensions ...lyzedfigurewidth >
                                                  \zeropoint \ifdim
\analyze...

\doanalyzefiguredimensionsinternal ...ions \!!ten
                                                  \fi
<argument> ...}\doanalyzefiguredimensionsinternal

\doanalyzefiguredimensions...

\firstoftwoarguments #1#2->#1

\dododoanalyzeunknownfiguretype ...guredimensions
                                                  \fi

luigi