[NTG-context] shrink JPGs to some resolution (dpi) ?

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Tue Mar 10 07:34:15 CET 2015

Hallo Harald, lange nicht gesehen! ;)

Am 2015-03-10 um 07:33 schrieb Harald Koenig <koenig at tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>:

> if you start thinking/working on this, some data from EXIF
> might be interesting and helpful too, esp. the "Orientation".
> using that data, automatic rotation to the "correct" orientation
> would be possible.
>
> maybe there are more interesting information in the exif data?!
> what about color space infos ?
> or time stamps or GPS data which might be used to be typeset...

Oh yes, and then include a OpenStreetMap snippet of the location…

(I’m working on an architectural guide, and I planned to put all the material in a database and use ConTeXt and Python to automatically create the book as well as an mobile app, plus a map with the building locations… But now we have a contract with a publisher, and he wants InDesign data. Since we must also use his serial layout, that makes sense. And he thinks a separate map is too expensive. Maybe I’ll create that app anyway, I already put so much work in enhancing OSM data…)

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net