[NTG-context] Does a "half-space" or small space exist in ConTeXt?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 14:08:50 CET 2015

> Am 08.03.2015 um 13:55 schrieb Robert Blackstone <blackstone.robert at gmail.com>:
>

> On 8 Mar 2015, at 13:04 , Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> 12:24 schrieb Robert Blackstone <blackstone.robert at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I would like to use something like a "half-space" or small space in a situation where neither no space, nor a normal space is ideal.
>>
>> You can use \thinspace or \, which is the short form of \thinspace.
>>
>> BTW. The context version of \medskip is \blank[medium].
>
> Thanks Wolfgang.
>
> “\thinspace” works perfectly for my purpose.
>
> Oddly enough, \, gives no comma and a normal space, \. gives no period and no space with mkiv, and a superscript period with mkii.
> Could these forms for \thinspace perhaps be obsolete?

I have no problem to use \, as a space command but when you use don’t put a space between the command and the following character.

The \. command is used to create a accented character but it shouldn’t be needed when you have a keyword which allows you to write the character.

\starttext

a\,b\par
a\thinspace b

\blank[line]