[NTG-context] Using the standalone ConTeXt, how do I add access to my texmf-local tree

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 5 01:40:06 CET 2015

On 3/4/2015 7:06 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Wed, 04 Mar 2015 17:58:24 +0100 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>

>> You can try in texmf-local/web2c:
>
> This doesn't help: context never looks in texmf-local/web2c. It
> looks into D:/texmfcnf and then stops.

hm, normally it will look relative to the binary, in trees/web2c paths

> But  I just realized that I have actually two context (one in
> texlive 2014) and trying to setup the systems with a texmfcnf.lua
> will probably give a complete mess. So I will revert to my normal
> system where I change the environment variables first.

ok; taking bins from one tex tree (full tree) and expecting them to work
with another one is tricky due all this auto-magic; in that case setting
the TEXMF variable as environment variable might help

(in general it's best to use a context garden tree with garden binaries
as there we use beta bins)