[NTG-context] Using the standalone ConTeXt, how do I add access to my texmf-local tree

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Mar 4 17:58:24 CET 2015

On 3/4/2015 2:52 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:36:57 +0100 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>>> Can I adapt that in some way, so I can add a few texmfs to the search
>>> path? I have no problem with adapting a file or setting an environment
>>> variable.
>>
>> texmfcnf.lua (can be in your texmf-local tree) or the TEXMF env var; not
>> so different from regular texlive, only in a different configuration file
>
> I have a question regarding texmcnf.lua + TEXMCNF:
>
> On my system TEXMFCNF points to a folder where I have a special
> texmf.cnf that I need for texlive.
>
> This disturbs context:
>
> resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on weird
> path 'D:/texmfcnf/' from specification 'D:/texmfcnf/'
>
> and as there is not texmfcnf.lua the search pathes can't be setup.

the weird is just reported because normally there is something texmf or
web2c in the name which isn't the case there

> I would like to add a texmfcnf.lua there which helps context to find
> and load the standard configuration. What should be the content of
> such a texmfcnf.lua?
>
> I tried with
>
> return {
>      type    = "configuration",
>      version = "1.",
>      date    = "2015-03-04",
>      time    = "14:00:00",
>      comment = "ConTeXt MkIV configuration file",
>      author  = "Ulrike Fischer",
>      content = {
>         variables = {
>         TEXMFCNF     =
> {"D:/context-minimals/context/tex/texmf/web2c"}
>                     }
>                 }
>          }
>

> but it didn't work ;-(. This doesn't setup the pathes.
>
> I also tried
> dofile("D:/context-minimals/context/tex/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua")
>
> which didn't work either.

You can try in texmf-local/web2c:

return {
     type    = "configuration",
     version = "1.",
     date    = "2015-03-04",
     time    = "14:00:00",
     comment = "ConTeXt MkIV configuration file",
     author  = "Ulrike Fischer",
     content = {
         variables = {

             -- texroot/texmf-mine/...

             TEXMFMINE = "selfautoparent:texmf-mine",
             TEXMF     =
"{$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFPROJECT,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMODULES,!!$TEXMFCONTEXT,!!$TEXMFSYSTEM,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFMINE}",
         }
     }
}