[NTG-context] Problem with MkIV and TikZ picture remembering

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:11:56 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> I wanted to try the example in my context standalone installation
> and got an "undefined command error" on the \usetikzlibrary.
> After a bit digging I could repair this with "first-install.bat
> --modules="t-tikz" which seems to get me the newest tikz.
>
> But during this digging I saw
>
> -- that tikz is not mentioned on the module list:
> http://modules.contextgarden.net/

That site is used for uploading modules by authors. I never thought
about users trying to learn about existence of modules via that site.

> -- Following the link to the module
> (http://modules.contextgarden.net/TikZ) from
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TikZ gives an "internal error message"

I removed the link.

> -- the installation advices on contextgarden doesn't explain what to
> do if you want to update modules too.

Do you want to say that the module gets removed next time when you run
first-setup.bat? If that is the case, it should be fixed. Updating
works for me and also keeps the modules up to date.

> I'm always using (on windows)
> first-setup.bat --keep

I would advise you against using the --keep option unless there are
some other/strong reasons to do so. But you shouldn't need keep just
for the sake of a potential bug.

I would need to check again what exactly --all does. But --modules=all
should install all modules and --modules=t-tikz should be sufficient
to keep that module. However I don't know what happens if you use
--modules=t-somethingelse next time. Maybe that removes the modules
that you installed previously as it expects the complete list of
modules. I need to check.

Mojca