[NTG-context] Problem with MkIV and TikZ picture remembering

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 08:54:00 CET 2015

> Am 03.03.2015 um 08:25 schrieb Jörg Weger <joerg73.muc at googlemail.com>:
>
> In the minimal working example below inside of a text two words should
> be printed inside of rounded TikZ rectangles and should be connected by
> an TikZ arrow pointing from the first word to the other.
>
> TikZ offers the remember picture/overlay option for that.
>
> The MWE works in MkII (command “texexec”) which I am not using, but not
> in the latest MkIV (command “context”).
>
> The problem might be that according to the PGF/TikZ manual “You need to
> use a driver that supports picture remembering and you need to run TEX
> twice” (16.13.1 Referencing a Node in a Different Picture).
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1.) Does LuaTeX support TikZ picture remembering?
>
> 2.) If so, how can I get ConTeXt MkIV to “run TeX twice”?

It depends, when you have a command which writes something into
contexts own auxiliary file context will make another run but when
you have a module like tikz which uses its own auxiliary file just
make another run with „context <filename>”.

> 3.) If all of the above worked, would that work also if the inline TikZ
> pictures to be remembered are on another file referenced via \input?

The problem here is the content of tikz auxiliary file, when I process
your document with MkII it contains

\pgfsyspdfmark {pgfid1}{5006382}{46179011}
\pgfsyspdfmark {pgfid2}{10902017}{46179011}
\pgfsyspdfmark {pgfid3}{4661756}{45230922}

but with MkIV i get the following result:

\gdef \pgf at sys@pdf at mark@pos at pgfid1 {\pgf at x =0sp\pgf at y =0sp}
\gdef \pgf at sys@pdf at mark@pos at pgfid2 {\pgf at x =0sp\pgf at y =0sp}
\gdef \pgf at sys@pdf at mark@pos at pgfid3 {\pgf at x =0sp\pgf at y =0sp}

There is something wrong with the way tikz saves the coordinates
of the nodes in MkIV.

Wolfgang