[NTG-context] Incompatibility catcodes of characters in ConTeXt and PlainTeX

Jaroslav Hajtmar hajtmar at gyza.cz
Sun Mar 1 15:43:26 CET 2015

One more thanx Hans for interesting and useful information
Jaroslav Hajtmar

BTW: I did not get an answer to my last mail see Re: [NTG-context] CSV
scanners built in ConTeXt - feature or bug?
I wrote that now is splitter works properly. I would like to ask if
you're planning to fix file util-prs.lua in a future release of
standalone ConTeXt?

As for me, I'd rather vote for as the default option other option, ie
which does not stop on a blank line ie. not how it's setup now (ie
personally I'd rather vote  strict=true would mean process all lines of
CSV file and strict=false mean stop processing on blank line), but I
will take into account whatever alternative and consequently I would
take into account this options for my own library.
Alan writes about this behavior as like metapost feature. Personally, I
think that the CSV file is basically a plain text file and a blank line
in it has its place. The end of the text file is usually marked by <eof>
character, so I guess there's no reason to terminate processing before
the file really ends.