[NTG-context] duplicate booklet arrangement

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Tue Feb 24 18:15:51 CET 2015

On 02/24/2015 03:29 PM, Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
>
> ..late answer ;-)
>
> your explanation is fine. I also looked at your example in the link…
>
> We had this discussion in earlier threads. For me as a bookbinder, your
> issue is not really something for impositioning in a restricted sense.
> The thing is, that the machinery for imposition is looping over the
> number of pages and puts them in the defined place. So if one wants to
> achieve what you describe, the machinery would have to set up in a
> different way. I run into this issue myself and I would suggest, that
> you are going to use for this special purpose some code like this:
>
> \def\Myfilename{quotes-1}
> \def\Mypages{22}

Many thanks for your reply, Willy.

Your code works fine, but I would like two improvements to make the
process fully automatic. So I could use it with different documents in
an easier way.

Is there a way that ConTeXt gets the total number of pages from the PDF
file itself?

I can redefine \Myfilename with an \env argument, but I don’t know how
to get thet total number of pages.

> p.s. I am curious about how your booklet looks like after assembly.
> You put 142 pages in it with arranging 2UP. Folding this amount of paper
> makes a rather thick booklet and I expect, that the outer margins are
> very small after cutting it square…?

This is a booklet that I made available on the net. I don’t try to
compete with the bookbinding industry ;-).

The booklet is rather thick, but the trick is not to cut the outer
margin. It is a booklet and not a book, after all.

But I would say that the result is not bad.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk