[NTG-context] Problem with framed text.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sun Feb 22 18:56:05 CET 2015

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 15:57:48 +0100
Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es> wrote:

> On 02/22/2015 01:55 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 14:16:31 -0500 Aditya
> > Mahajan wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> There should be a comma after 0.1.
> >
> > With respect, I don't think so. Commas
> > separate parameters. the last "0.1" is
> > properly followed by a "]".
>
> Hi John,
>
> this should work:
>
> \setupframed[framecorner=round,
> frameradius=0.1em,
> background=screen,
> backgroundscreen=0.70,
> backgroundcorner=round,
> backgroundradius=0.1em,
> corner=round,
> radius=0.1em]
>
> Radius, framedradius and backgroundradius
> expect dimensions as values, not mere numbers.
>
> BTW, having a sample that shows the problem
> increases the reply speed :-).
>
> I hope it helps,
>

> Pablo
You had the cure.

I built a sample and then played with the em
value. Lacking precise guidance I thought that
the value was one of those 0 to 1 ranges. Not so.
setting at 1.0 em gives me what I was looking
for.  The setting 0.1 em gave me rounding that was
imperceptible without magnification.

Here is my successful sample:
-------------------------------------
\setupframed[framecorner=round,
frameradius=1em,
background=screen,
backgroundscreen=0.70,
backgroundcorner=round,
backgroundradius=1em,
corner=round,
radius1em]
\starttext
Some text.
\startframedtext[middle]
\centerline{A Vision Example}
 In the year 20xx, our
company is internationally recognized as the premier supplier of
your food products. We regularly exceed customer expectations
by providing innovative and valuable your food products.
\stopframedtext
Some more text
\stoptext

John Culleton
Wexford Press
Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html
Updated PDF e-book: "Create Book Covers with
Scribus 1.4.5" coming soon at
http://www.booklocker.com/!