[NTG-context] two questions on file handling

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Feb 20 23:43:48 CET 2015

On 2/20/2015 11:28 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 02/20/2015 11:05 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 2/20/2015 10:53 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Is there a way that I can specify the document from the command line in
>>> the line below?
>>>
>>>       \insertpages[mydocument.pdf][width=0pt]
>>
>> you can pass command line arguments, see mtx-context-*.tex files for
>> examples
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Hans.
>
> I’ll check it right after this message.
>
>>> I would like to compile something like (well, using pandoc):
>>>
>>>       cat a.tex | contextjit --purgeall
>>
>> won't work (imagine multiple runs) .. why pipe and not just "contextjit
>> a.tex"
>
> Well, it was a more complex command:
>
>    pandoc -S -s --section-divs book.md -t html -o book.xml
>
> Since I won’t use that book.xml for other purpose, I thought it would be
> better not to write it to disk.

if you make complex one-liners on the command line adding a delete
afterwards is no big deal

(actually there is a whole subsystem driven by ctx files that can be set
up to take a file, convert it, use environments and modules etc .. we
sometimes use that for projects .. but i sometimes wonder if it should go)