[NTG-context] Float placement problem (layers)

Mari Voipio mari.voipio at iki.fi
Thu Feb 19 11:51:26 CET 2015

Dear all,

I have a book cover that is created with layers. It has worked fine
this far and I could swear that I haven't changed anything, but the
file (attached) now hangs on placement of a graphic. What I do not
understand is why the first graphic works and the second, almost
identical, stops the whole process with
"You can't use `\prevdepth' in restricted horizontal mode" and furthermore

\nointerlineskip ->\prevdepth
                              -\thousandpoint
\doplacefloatbox ...pacebefore ] \nointerlineskip
                                                  \flushnotes \nointerlinesk...
\page_one_place_float_here_indeed ...lacefloatbox
                                                  \page_floats_report_total ...
<argument> ..._floats_room \page_one_place_float_here_indeed
                                                  \else \page_floats_save \s...
\thirdofthreearguments #1#2#3->#3

\strc_floats_get_box ... :\floatmethod \endcsname
                                                  \fi

Just in case I updated my ConTeXt today, so I'm running version
2015.02.03, not that it helped. For a long time I was running a
version from September and in that the float worked, but I think it
stopped working when I updated to newest current some time in January,
I just haven't needed this particular file since then.

What went wrong and how can I fix it?

Mari