[NTG-context] \executesystemcommand dont work?

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Feb 16 23:59:47 CET 2015

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:

> Thanx Aditya for reply.
>
> I compile this ConTeXt file:
>
> \starttext
> \immediate\write18{context --version}
> \stoptext
>
> with last standalone version of ConTeXt (minimals). Below is the console
> output and log file.

write18 is enabled on your system; I don't know why the shell command does
not work.

Try this instead (I assume that windows comes with the echo command):

\starttext
\writestatus{test}{before calling shell command}
\immediate\write18{echo HELP}
\writestatus{test}{after calling shell command}
\stoptext

Post only the output of the 2nd run (so that the console output is shown
once and not thrice).

How are you running context? (Typing the command from a terminal, or using
an IDE?)

Aditya