[NTG-context] replacing images in PDF documents

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Feb 15 19:39:39 CET 2015

On 02/15/2015 01:18 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2/15/2015 1:27 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> After generating the document (and not modifiying or recompiling the
>> source), is there a way to replace the image with another one?
>
> in principle you can append an image (xform) tit the pdf file, and then
> overload the old image object with the new content (using revision
> numbers of objects + extra xref table) but i never did that myself

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

Could this be implemented in ConTeXt?

I guess that the new document generation could be achieved with
something like:

    \setuppapersize[A4][A4]
    \setuplayout
      [backspace=0pt,
        topspace=0pt,
           width=middle,
          height=middle,
        location=middle,
          header=0pt,
          footer=0pt]
    \starttext
        \insertpages[document.pdf][width=0pt]
    \stoptext

The command could be something like:

    \replaceexternalfigure[oldimagefile][newimagefile]

BTW, I have just checked that file names include full paths (such as in
"/PTEX.FileName (/home/ousia/cow.pdf)". I guess that it would be safe
that searching and replacement mechanism could avoid full paths.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk