[NTG-context] Numbers in appendix roman, but want arabic

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 18:32:45 CET 2015

> Am 13.02.2015 um 09:45 schrieb Mikael P. Sundqvist <mickep at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> with the example below, I have two problems (that are probably
> related). In the appendix, the Theorem is numbered "Theorem II"
> instead of "Theorem 2", i.e. roman numbers are used instead of arabic
> ones.
>
> Also, when I refer to Theorem 1 from the appendix , it says "Theorem
> I". Again with roman number instead of arabic. I would prefer "Theorem
> 1".
>
> So, the question reads: How can I get arabic numbers also in the appendix?
>
> (The appendix itself has the letter A as I want it to)
>
> /Mikael
>
> \starttext
>
> \defineenumeration[Theorem]
>

> \defineconversionset [bodypart:sectioncounter] [n,n,n] [n]
> \defineconversionset [appendix:sectioncounter] [n,n,A] [n]
> \setuphead[chapter,section][sectionconversionset=sectioncounter]
>
> \chapter{Foo}
> \startTheorem[thm:main]
> This is a theorem.
> \stopTheorem
>

> \startappendices
> \title{Appendix}
>
> \section{This is the first appendix}
>
> \startTheorem
> This is another theorem.
> \stopTheorem
>
> What if we refer to the first theorem, Theorem~\in[thm:main]?
>
> \stopappendices
> \stoptext

There was a similar problem a few days ago with a solution by Hans [1].

[1] http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2015/080866.html

PS: You have to change \setupcounters to \setupcounter to fix the error message
from Hans solution because there is only a singular version of the counter command.

Wolfgang