[NTG-context] Numbers in appendix roman, but want arabic

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Fri Feb 13 18:20:00 CET 2015

On 2015-02-13 03:45, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with the example below, I have two problems (that are probably
> related). In the appendix, the Theorem is numbered "Theorem II"
> instead of "Theorem 2", i.e. roman numbers are used instead of arabic
> ones.
>
> Also, when I refer to Theorem 1 from the appendix , it says "Theorem
> I". Again with roman number instead of arabic. I would prefer "Theorem
> 1".
>
> So, the question reads: How can I get arabic numbers also in the appendix?
>
> (The appendix itself has the letter A as I want it to)
>
> /Mikael
>
> \starttext
>
> \defineenumeration[Theorem]
>

> \defineconversionset [bodypart:sectioncounter] [n,n,n] [n]
> \defineconversionset [appendix:sectioncounter] [n,n,A] [n]
> \setuphead[chapter,section][sectionconversionset=sectioncounter]
>
> \chapter{Foo}
> \startTheorem[thm:main]
> This is a theorem.
> \stopTheorem
>

> \startappendices
> \title{Appendix}
>
> \section{This is the first appendix}
>
> \startTheorem
> This is another theorem.
> \stopTheorem
>
> What if we refer to the first theorem, Theorem~\in[thm:main]?
>
> \stopappendices

In a document that has figures numbered by chapter, I use the following
so that I get
Figure J.5 instead of J.V -- perhaps this will provide a starting point:

    %% This ensures that appendix figures have numeric, not Roman,
    numbers %%

    \defineconversionset [appendix:floatconversionset] [] [n]
    \setupcaption[numberconversionset=floatconversionset]

--
rik