[NTG-context] \setupcaptions question

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:53:09 CET 2015

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 04:54:58 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, you’re right. I used the wrong command (\at is used to show the page
> where to float was placed)

understood.

> and so far there is only a workaround for this problem. What you can do

OK, does this require some sort of formal bug report or can the issue be
now considered to be on the "to do" list?

> is to use the “suffix” key to set
> a stopper for the caption which will only appear in the caption itself.
> \setupexternalfigure[location=default]
> \setupcaption[figure][suffix=:]
> \starttext
> Take a look at \in{picture}[fig:cow] below.
> \startplacefigure[reference=fig:cow,title=A dutch cow]
>   \externalfigure[cow]
> \stopplacefigure
> \stoptext
> This solution is far from perfect because normally the suffix key is
> used for the internal counter
> of split floats, e.g. when a numbered table is split over several tables
> and you get numbers label
> „Table 3.a” etc.

I see. I think workaround will suffice for the present document, thank
you. I will
do that (and hope for a timely fix so that I can revert to numberstopper
soon...)

regards,
joerg