[NTG-context] \setupcaptions question

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 12 23:14:43 CET 2015

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 22:56:11 +0100, Otared Kavian <otared at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang, and Joerg,
>
> Actually with your code and using numberstopper instead of stopper your
> example works fine here, too.
> So the right command is
> 	\setupcaption[figure][numberstopper={:}]
> and not what I wrote before (which works in mkii, though…).
> Actually the command used by Joerg, that is
> 	\setupcaptions[numberstopper={:}]
> works also.
>
> Best regards: OK
>
>> On 12 Feb 2015, at 22:31, Wolfgang Schuster
>> <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Am 12.02.2015 um 17:37 schrieb j. van den hoff
>>> <veedeehjay at googlemail.com>:
>>>

>>> I want to use `numberstopper' for figure caption customization like so:
>>>
>>> \setupcaptions[numberstopper={:}]
>>>
>>> this works fine for the caption itself (i.e. I get, e.g. "Figure 1:
>>> caption text") _but_
>>> references to the figure via a defined label such as [fig:example]
>>> in the body text do include the numberstopper, too, which is highly
>>> undesirable in my view, since, e.g.,
>>>
>>> "... see Figure 1: for an example. ..."
>>>
>>> should rather read
>>>
>>> "... see Figure 1 for an example. ..."
>>>
>>> i.e. the numberstopper should be omitted (at least optionally) when
>>> referencing.
>>>
>>> question: how can this be achieved?
>>

>> Can you make a example because I can’t reproduce the problem you
>> describe.

I have done that right now (problem definitely there) but then looked at
the difference between my syntax
and yours. I used something like

\setupexternalfigures [directory={.}]
\setupcaption[width=.95\textwidth, location=bottom, numberstopper={:}]

\starttext
An illustration of this process is given in Fig.~\in[fig:convosim].

changing the referencing to

An illustration of this process is given in Fig.~\at[fig:convosim].

i.e. replacing `\in' by `\at' resolves the issue. I'm rather new to
context and was under the impression that `\in' is the
context equivalent of latex's \ref and was not aware of \at at all.
but this seems only partly true. can you give me a pointer where best to
look up the
differences between `\in' and `\at'?

so it seems I need to use \at for referencing figures, at least when
numberstopper is not empty? ok, so be it ....

and thanks a lot for responding and straightening this out.

best,

joerg