[NTG-context] \setupcaptions question

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:31:04 CET 2015

> Am 12.02.2015 um 17:37 schrieb j. van den hoff <veedeehjay at googlemail.com>:
>

> I want to use `numberstopper' for figure caption customization like so:
>
> \setupcaptions[numberstopper={:}]
>
> this works fine for the caption itself (i.e. I get, e.g. "Figure 1:
> caption text") _but_
> references to the figure via a defined label such as [fig:example]
> in the body text do include the numberstopper, too, which is highly
> undesirable in my view, since, e.g.,
>
> "... see Figure 1: for an example. ..."
>
> should rather read
>
> "... see Figure 1 for an example. ..."
>
> i.e. the numberstopper should be omitted (at least optionally) when
> referencing.
>
> question: how can this be achieved?

Can you make a example because I can’t reproduce the problem you describe.

\setupexternalfigure[location=default]

\setupcaption[figure][numberstopper=:]

\starttext

Take a look at \at{picture}[fig:cow] below.

\startplacefigure[reference=fig:cow,title=A dutch cow]
  \externalfigure[cow]
\stopplacefigure

\stoptext

Wolfgang