[NTG-context] XML Processing with Verbatim (VIM-Typing)

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Tue Feb 10 17:59:17 CET 2015

Hello,

as a few other topics on this Mailing List already discussed, it's not
(easily?) possible to use \starttyping\stoptyping within XML setups. If
it was "simple" verbatim, there would be a few workarounds.
However, I want to provide formatted verbatim (i.e. \startJSON
\stopJSON, after having \definevimtyping[JSON][syntax=javascript]). That
typing environment will be further customized (by adding text background
with border, etc.).

I don't see a simple way to work around this without manually
typesetting the code highlighting (which I don't want. I simply want
<json>{someCode}</json> inside the XML file).

Is there anything I can do to make this work? Maybe with preparing a
buffer? (with Lua?)

Thanks in advance, for any help you can provide :-)

-- Minimal Example:
\usemodule[vim]
\definevimtyping[JSON][syntax=javascript]

\starttext

\startluacode
   function xml.functions.processJSON(t)
     lxml.verbatim(t, "\\startJSON", "\\stopJSON")
   end
\stopluacode

\startbuffer[demo]
<test>
   <description>
     <json>{somecode}</json>
   </description>
</test>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:initialize
   \xmlsetsetup{#1}{test|description|json}{xml:*}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{xml:initialize}

\startxmlsetups xml:test
   \xmlflush{#1}