[NTG-context] enumeration of equations containing \mathcases

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:32:10 CET 2015

hi list,

admittedly I've posted this problem two times 6-8 weeks ago already but
since I did not get a single
response (not even RTFM...) I try it now a third time (hoping this is not
considered spamming the list ...):

question: how can I get properly aligned enumeration of equations that use
`\mathcases'.

example:
8<--------------------------------------------------------------
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla
\placeformula
\startformula
      K_1 \rightarrow
      \startmathcases
         \NC f  \NC for $f \ll PS$ (flow limited transport)      \NR
         \NC PS \NC for $f \gg PS$ (diffusion limited transport) \NR[+]
      \stopmathcases
\stopformula
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla
\stoptext

does "subcases enumeration" in the second case but this is not aligned
with the right text margin so
it can not be used easily to "fake" the enumeration of the whole equation.
\placeformula on the
other hand does not print an equation number at all (contrary to what it
usually does.

I'm at a loss how to solve this...

thx,joerg