[NTG-context] Disappearing backgrounds/pagenumbers with \page[none]

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Feb 9 18:12:05 CET 2015

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 2/9/2015 12:19 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>>> Am 09.02.2015 um 00:10 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster
>>> <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com <mailto:schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com>>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> there was a problem on TeX SE [1]  where page numbers disappear for a
>>> whole chapter when \page[none] is used to hide the numbers on empty
>>> left pages in a double sided document.
>>>
>>> As can be seen in the following example the page numbers and
>>> background on the last two pages disappear when “missing” mode is
>>> enabled. This happens when the “blank” option for \page is used
>>> without a change in the page number (we are already at page 3 when
>>> \page[yes,blank,right] is expanded).
>>>
>>> %%%% begin example
>>> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]
>>>
>>> %\enablemode[missing]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \dorecurse{6}{\input knuth\par}
>>>
>>> % End the current page before \page[blank] is called
>>> \doifmode{missing}{\page}
>>>
>>> \page[yes,blank,right]
>>>
>>> \dorecurse{6}{\input knuth\par}
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>> %%%% end example
>>>
>>> [1]
>>>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/225603/missing-page-numbers-first-chapter-only-context
>>
>> BTW: Shouldn’t the following assignment in page-ini.miv be global?
>>
>> \appendtoks
>>      \ifcase\pageornamentstate \or
>>          \pageornamentstate\zerocount
>>      \fi
>> \to \everyaftershipout
>
> sure

Not sure if this completely fixes the problem. For example:

\definepagebreak
         [chapterpagebreak]
         [yes, blank, right]

\setuphead [chapter]
            [page=chapterpagebreak]

\showframe

\starttext
\startchapter
         [title={First Chapter Title}]

\dorecurse{6}{\input knuth \par}

\stopchapter
\startchapter
         [title={Second Chapter Title}]

\dorecurse{6}{\input knuth \par}

\stopchapter
\stoptext

There is no page number on the first page of the first chapter, but there
is one on the first page of the second chapter.

Aditya