[NTG-context] need defaults for \definehighlight

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Sun Feb 8 23:42:19 CET 2015

On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 14:51:44 -0700, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 2/8/2015 8:08 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
>
>> Ok. It's clear that I'm doing a lot of guessing, so question: Can you
>> specify exactly what does *not* get tagged in xml-export? What exactly
>> do we need to worry about? Then we can go from there...
>
> everything that has some structure or meaning gets tagged
>
> font/colors have no meaning they're appearance so they don't get tagged

Ok, but here: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Export it says,

======
Also note that switches like \em don’t translate into output structure,
you need to \definehighlight[emph][style=italic] and use as
\emph{emphasized}.
======

Now \em does have structural meaning (emphasis) so either the wiki is
wrong or we have some inconsistency here -)

> highlights are for the few things left ... but often one can also use
> \startelement for that

Do you have any good examples for using \start-stopelement? Thanks and

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid