[NTG-context] need defaults for \definehighlight

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Sun Feb 8 20:28:27 CET 2015

Hi Wolfgang,

On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 12:17:11 -0700, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am 08.02.2015 um 15:40 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
>> <ishamid at colostate.edu>:
>>
>> […]
>>
>> There seems to be a bug with \smallcaps. Otherwise I think the above
>> makes a good default set to start with.
>
> Hans changed the effect of “style=smallcaps”, in the ConTeXt used \sc
> when you did this setups
> but now ConTeXt just enables small capitals in the active font. The
> problem here is that ConTeXt’s
> default font Latin Modern uses a separate file for small capitals unlike
> other fonts like TeX Gyre Pagella.
>
> What you can do to avoid this problem with Latin Modern is to use
> “style=\sc” in your setup.

Thanks for this pointer! Yes, it does work now (tried both LM and
TeX-Gyre). And I see that \smallcaps works in TeX-Gyre but not LM... an
interesting subtlety.

So to sum: \sc [etc. I presume] is defined for the typescript and
\smallcaps [etc. I presume] is defined for the font itself (where can add
and subtract opentype features etc.). Thanks again and

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid