[NTG-context] Setup for appendices: a bunch of questions

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 12:28:10 CET 2015

> Am 06.02.2015 um 08:59 schrieb Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>:
>
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Am 04.02.2015 um 22:06 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I need a tiny bit of help with properly setting up the appendices.
>>>
>>> 1.) I would like to include both chapters and titles. Is this the
>>> proper way to go? (It took me a while to figure out how to include the
>>> titles at all.)
>>>
>>>   \setuphead
>>>       [title]
>>>       [incrementnumber=list]
>>>   \placelist
>>>       [title,chapter,section]
>>>       [criterium=all,alternative=c]
>>>
>>> But why is there less space in front of a \title{...} in TOC than in
>>> front of a \chapter{…}?
>>
>> You can use the “margin” key to indent the title entries but unnumbered chapter are still wrong aligned.
>
> I'm sorry, that was a misunderstanding. I was referring to the
> vertical alignment, not to the horizontal one. It's perfectly OK if
> the title is aligned "flushleft", but there's less vertical space in
> front of it.

Because title uses the global values for the space before the entries
unlike chapters which use a customised value, you can change this
by adding \setuplist[title][before={\blank[preference,big]}] to your document.

> Now a couple of follow-up questions. The tables are now numbered in a
> very weird way. It's now "Table 1.VI" instead of "Table E.1" for the
> first table in Appendix E. Which keys control numbering of tables? (Or
> better yet: what's the reference for MKIV to find that out, if any?)

You can change the counter and prefix conversion of floats with the
prefiixconverionset and numberconversionset key for \setupcaption.

> If I use "sectionstopper=:" and then try to reference it with
> \in[appendix:label-for-this-appendix], I get the colon there as well
> which is not desired, so I probably need to use another trick to get
> the colon. Should I change the numbercommand in \setuphead and
> \setuplist or is there a different trick?

Use

    \setuphead[section][numbercommand=\groupedcommand{}{:}]

instead of

    \setuphead[section][sectionstopper=:]

Wolfgang