[NTG-context] Setup for appendices: a bunch of questions

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:38:24 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2/6/2015 9:20 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Back on topic. If I move a figure to Appendices, the figure now gets
>> numbered as "1.V" (I would want to see "B.1" if it's the first figure
>> in Appendix B). But when I reference that figure in main text, it
>> becomes "Figure 1.5" which is indistinguishable from another figure
>> "1.5" in the first chapter.
>

> weird indeed as it should default to numbers at that that level cf.
>
> \defineconversionset
>   [appendix:default]
>   [Romannumerals,Characters]
>   [numbers]
>
> so for the moment use
>
> \defineconversionset
>   [appendix:default]
>   [Numbers,Characters]
>   [numbers]
>
> (as the first level, part is not used by you anyway)

I get "Figure 1.5" now which is way better than "Figure 1.V", but I
would like to get "Figure B.2" when in "Chapter 1", "Section B" (=
Appendix B). So I would need to convince the counter to use the
section number rather than the chapter number. Is that possible?

(I can also switch and make each appendix a chapter rather than a
section, but then I wouldn't want every appendix to stand out in TOC
in the same way as a chapter does.)

Mojca