[NTG-context] superior numbers for footnote numbers?

Jörg Weger joerg73.muc at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 6 02:25:33 CET 2015

Hello Hans,

Those are nice self-explanatory commands which also mean I don’t have to
define them myself.

 From my short opentype feature experience I would add the following
combinations (defined names could be shortened, long names here only for
better explanation):

Tabular oldstyle numbers (oldstyle numbers aligning correctly in tables
through fixed spacing):

\definefontfeature[f:tabular_oldstyle][onum=yes,tnum=yes]

\unexpanded\def\settaboldstyle{\doaddfeature{f:tabular_oldstyle}}

\settaboldstyle

Proportional oldstyle numbers (oldstyle numbers for in-text use
spaced/kerned according to their forms):

\definefontfeature[f:proportional_oldstyle][onum=yes,pnum=yes]

\unexpanded\def\setpropoldstyle{\doaddfeature{f:proportional_oldstyle}}

\setpropoldstyle

Tabular lining numbers (lining numbers aligning correctly in tables
through fixed spacing):

\definefontfeature[f:tabular_lining][lnum=yes,tnum=yes]

\unexpanded\def\settablining{\doaddfeature{f:tabular_lining}}

\settablining

Proportional lining numbers (lining numbers spaced/kerned according to
their forms):

\definefontfeature[f:proportional_lining][lnum=yes,pnum=yes]

\unexpanded\def\setproplining{\doaddfeature{f:proportional_lining}}

\setproplining

plus

Scientific inferiors (numbers for subscript, e.g. in chemical formulas):

\definefontfeature[f:inferiors][sinf=yes]

\unexpanded\def\setinferiors{\doaddfeature{f:inferiors}}

\setinferiors

Of course all this works only if the font offers the according opentype
features.

Greetings Jörg