[NTG-context] PDF document statistics (character count incl. spaces)?

Keith Schultz keithjschultz at icloud.com
Mon Feb 2 10:20:15 CET 2015

Hello All,

As a linguist, I can say that not counting words that are shorter is an absolute NO-GO
for an accurate word count and thereby character count!

See below, for a non representative proof !

> Am 01.02.2015 um 22:12 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com>:

[snip, snip]

> ConTeXt has an option to count the words (you find the result in <jobname>.words) in a document
> but words words shorter than four letters aren’t taken into account.
word length under 4 characters  :   10
word length =< 4 chars                 :   20

here you are missing a third of the words! That is 30%

regards
	Keith