[NTG-context] Bug? Interaction between criterium=cite and sectioning

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Mon Feb 2 03:04:26 CET 2015

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 13:32:57 -0700, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
<ishamid at colostate.edu> wrote:

> Dear gang,
>
> When sectioning is combined with the bibliography handler,
>
> \placepublications [criterium=cite]
>
> stops working. For example (also attached):
>
> =========
> \starttext
> \setuppublications[alternative=apa]
>
> \startpublication[k=corbin81,
>                    t=book,
>                    a=Corbin,
>                    y=1981,
>                    s=Corbin81]
> \author[]{Henry}[H.]{}{Corbin}
> \title{The Concept of Comparative Philosophy}
> \pubname{Golgonooza Press}
> \city{Ipswich, United Kingdom}
> \pubyear{1981}
> \stoppublication
>
> \startsection[title=Introduction]
> \cite[corbin81]
> \stopsection
>
> \startsection[title=References]
> \placepublications [criterium=cite]
> \stopsection
>
> % \section{Introduction}
> % \cite[corbin81]
>
> % \section{References}
> % \placepublications [criterium=cite]
>
> \stoptext
> =========
>
> If lines 18 and 20 are commented (effectively putting all content into a
> single section), then it will work:
>
> =========
> \startsection[title=Introduction]
> \cite[corbin81]
> % \stopsection
>
> % \startsection[title=References]
> \placepublications [criterium=cite]
> \stopsection
> =========
>
> The old unstructured sectioning commands behave the same way (commented
> at
> the end of the file). Note that
>
> \placepublications [criterium=all]
>
> works across sections, which will of course output the entire database
> (which we do not want).
>
> Is there a setting that I'm missing? Tried things like
>
> \setuphead[section][continue=yes]
>
> to no avail.
>
> Assuming this is a bug: Can this be fixed? Urgently if possible?

Not documented in the bib manual but this works (Thank you Hans!!):

\placepublications [criterium=previous]

Using mostly local bbl files in recent publications (and hence
criterium=all) was a factor in my missing this one too!

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid