[NTG-context] comments in bbl files broken

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Mon Feb 2 02:56:40 CET 2015

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 08:16:27 -0700, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
<ishamid at colostate.edu> wrote:

> Dear Knights,
>
> Comments used to work in bbl files but no longer:
>
> ==========
> \starttext
> \setuppublications[alternative=apa]
>
> \startpublication[k=corbin81,
>                    t=book,
>                    a=Corbin,
>                    y=1981,
>                    s=Corbin81]
> \author[]{Henry}[H.]{}{Corbin}
> % \author[]{Henry}[H.]{von }{Corbin}
> \title{The Concept of Comparative Philosophy}
> \pubname{Golgonooza Press}
> \city{Ipswich, United Kingdom}
> \pubyear{1981}
> \stoppublication
>
> \placepublications [criterium=all] % inherits from \setuppublications
> % \completepublications[criterium=cite] % only works with criterium=all
> \stoptext
> ==========
>
> See the attached pdf; we get in the pdf output:
>
> %Corbin, H. and von Corbin, H. (1981).
>
> with an explicit '%'.
>
> Can this be fixed?

 From bibl-tra.mkiv:

======
%D \item Attempt to fix percent signs in bbl files. As a side-effect,
%D       this prohibits comments in \tex{startpublication} blocks!
(17/4/2008)
=====

But we can do, e.g.,

====
\startpublication[k=corbin81,
                   t=book,
                   a=Corbin,
                   y=1981,
                   s=Corbin81]
\author[]{Henry}[H.]{}{Corbin}
\title{The Concept of Comparative Philosophy}
\pubname{Golgonooza Press}
\city{Ipswich, United Kingdom}
\comment{This is a comment}
\pubyear{1981}
\stoppublication
====

or \unexpanded\def\MyComment#1{}

Not as convenient as toggling % in an editor, but will do in a pinch.
Again, from discussion with Hans.

Strange I did not encounter this earlier. But I've been using a large
pre-2008 bbl database for the current project...

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid