[NTG-context] PDF document statistics (character count incl. spaces)?

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Sun Feb 1 22:32:11 CET 2015

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 14:12:54 -0700, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

> \setupspellchecking[state=start,method=2]
> \starttext
> \input knuth
> \stoptext

Slightly off-topic: Just as Wolfgang's reply came in I was setting up a
new version of

http://tinyspell.com/

Editor-based spell-checkers are usually not very useful (although some
LaTeX-centric editors are pretty good at it.) I never knew about
\setupspellchecking before now. Perhaps it could evolve into something
very useful.

Part of spell-checking involves getting uppercase vs lowercase right. I
see that the .words output of \setupspellchecking ignores case, and treats
'-' (the simple dash) as a word separator. I'd like to see this evolve
into something more precise.

> words shorter than four letters aren’t taken into account.

I get *some* words shorter than four letters in the output, so there must
be some other logic going on...

Thanks for pointing out this utility, Wolfgang, and

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid