[NTG-context] letter booklet

John Kitzmiller kitz at inradius.net
Sat Jan 31 14:14:54 CET 2015

> On Jan 26, 2015, at 4:04 AM, schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Am 25.01.2015 um 23:15 schrieb John Kitzmiller <kitz at inradius.net <mailto:kitz at inradius.net>>:
>>
>> Desired outcome: a multipage booklet on letter size paper with margins lined up when duplex printed and folded.
>>
>> Using imposition with [letter][letter,landscape] did not work, so to start I used:
>>
>> \definepapersize[booklet][width=140mm,height=216mm]
>> \setuppapersize[booklet][letter,landscape]
>> \setuparranging[2UP,doublesided]
>> \setuplayout[width=115mm,
>> leftedge=0mm,
>> leftmargin=0mm,
>> backspace=15mm,
>> rightmargin=0mm,
>> rigthedge=0mm]
>> \showframe
>> \starttext
>> \dorecurse{8}{\input Ward \page}
>> \stoptext
>>
>> but the inside and outside margins do not line up. Where is the elegant path?
>
> 1. Set your document doublesided with
>
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>

> 2. Reduce the width of the backspace
>
> \setuplayout[backspace=10mm]

Thank you Wolfgang.

Follow-up question: how to have a right margin appear on the right side of every booklet page?

The layouts I have tried with the following mwe put the right margin on the cut side of the paper, but that “reverses” the margin side from the reader’s view when printed and folded.

\definepapersize[booklet][width=140mm,height=216mm]
\setuppapersize[booklet][letter,landscape]
\setuparranging[2UP,doublesided]

\setuplayout[
  width=90mm,
  leftedge=0mm,