[NTG-context] font search path and subfolders

Jörg Weger joerg73.muc at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:40:14 CET 2015

In my Linux home folder I have the usual “~/.fonts/” folder in which I
have put subfolders “~/.fonts/opentype/” and “~/.fonts/truetype/”.
Inside those subfolders I would like font families to have their own
subfolders. When I set the font search path by running

export
OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts;$HOME/.fonts/opentype;$HOME/.fonts/truetype"

from the command line

followed by

mtxrun --script fonts --reload

only the fonts in the /truetype/ subfolders are recognised. This means I
have to put all my opentype fonts directly into the /opentype/ folder.
On Stackexchange I found a solution

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/209705/context-system-font-search-path

which says that putting “//” after the folder made the search recursive,

but neither

export
OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts//;$HOME/.fonts/opentype//;$HOME/.fonts/truetype//"

nor

export OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts//;$HOME/.fonts//"

works for me.

What am I missing? (Typo maybe?)

Being able to put opentype font families into subfolders as well would
be a great help to keep a clear view of all my fonts.

Greetings Jörg