[NTG-context] Interactive table of content -- jumps always 1 page too far

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Jan 31 13:36:39 CET 2015


On 1/31/2015 1:12 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 01/31/2015 01:16 AM, Rob Heusdens wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> Having the problem that if I jump to a chapter or section by clicking on
>> the interactive table of content (while the page numbers presented do
>> match the actual page number where the chapter or section begins) always
>> leads me to jumping one page too far.
>>
>> I've tried to produce a MWE, but failed so far, even if I add all the
>> commands and setups which could affect page numbering, it doesn't
>> reproduce the error.
>>
>> I didn't do setting the userpage number by hand. In fact the page number
>> is off by 2 from the real page number, caused by a makeup title page,
>> which does not do page counting (btw. is there a way to force a custom
>> title page makeup to DO count the page number?) and an extra page coming
>> right after it before the table of contents. Setting the right page number
>> on the table of contents page solves that, but clicking an entry in the
>> table of contents still sends me one page too far.
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> there is a minimal sample:
>
>      \setupcolors[state=start]
>      \setupinteraction[state=start, focus=standard]
>      \setupinteractionscreen[width=fit]
>      \definecombinedlist[content][all]
>      \setuphead[part][placehead=yes]
>      \starttext
>      \completecontent
>      \dorecurse{5}
>      {\part{Part}
>          \input zapf
>      \chapter{Chapter}
>          \input zapf
>      \section{Section}
>          \input zapf
>      \subsection{Subsection}
>          \input zapf}
>      \stoptext
>
> It doesn’t show what you meant, the link destination is not on the
> heading itself, but on the next paragraph.

\enabletrackers[*references*]
\enabletrackers[*destinations*]

> I think this should be improved. And I guess it goes unnoticed, because
> after clicking on a link, the browser fits view to page.

this is also a bit browser dependent i think

>> Can anyone guid me on where to look or what to try to solve this nasty
>> problem?
>
> All you can do is to copy your file to a temporary version and start
> commenting commands from the preamble in that temporary version.
>
> This is trial and error. Remove individual commands from preamble,
> compile the document and check the error.
>
> When the error dissapeared, you have probably found its cause. If you
> report it to the mailing list, people will tell whether it is a bug or
> your code needs improvements.
>
> Don’t do any other changes to that temporary file. After the bug
> hunting, you should delete that file.
>
> Sorry, but (I’m afraid) this is the best way I know to hunt undefined bugs.
>
> I hope it helps,
>
>
> Pablo
>


-- 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
               Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
     tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl
-----------------------------------------------------------------


More information about the ntg-context mailing list