[NTG-context] publications in footnotes (new bibliography mkiv)

Jörg Weger joerg73.muc at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:17:35 CET 2015

That \citation[entry] method works fine so far.

But now two practical problems come up:

1. If I put an article from an “incollection” BibTeX entry into the
publications list the full page range of that article inside the
collection should be shown, e.g. “S. 250–262” (in German) or something
like that. If I quote a passage of said article in my text and reference
it on the same page by a footnote I want only the page number(s) to be
shown where the exact text passage can be found, let’s say e.g. “S.
253”. So the footnote cannot be exactly the same as the list try.

2. There might be other cases where the footnote reference and the list
entry might have to be different: e.g. full given names in the list vs.
only initials in the footnote, complete listing of all authors in the
list vs. et al. in the footnote etc. etc.

Is there (will there be) a way to define maybe an “entry variant” for
that purpose which in above given case would e.g. exclude the page range
so you could add the page in the footnote manually?

Meanwhile I am fine with my workaround, but future papers I will have to
write will be much more extensive, which might mean a much larger
bibliography :).

Greetings Jörg