[NTG-context] Context modules not on CATN and not in TeX Live

Axel Kielhorn tex at axelkielhorn.de
Sun Jan 25 13:21:01 CET 2015

Hi!

I'm trying to learn ConTeXt working through some examples I found on Context Garden and the internet.

Since I already have TeX Live 2014 installed I could run most of the examples.
When I ran into a problem, I installed the standalone version and compared the supplied modules.

The following modules are not part of Context in TeX Live 2014.

> animation/     GPL 3
> annotation/    GPL 3
> cmscbf/        GPL 2          on CTAN
> cmttbf/        GPL 2          on CTAN
> fancybreak/    GPL 3
> layout/        GPL
> title/         GPL 3
> urwgaramond/   GPL 2          on CTAN
> urwgothic/     Public Domain  on CTAN
> visualcounter/ Simplified BSD License

Some are on CTAN, some are missing there.
Since TeX Live takes the files from CTAN, it would be nice to put the missing modules there.
What is the correct way to do that?

I ask because I want to give a tutorial about ConTeXt at the Dante meeting in april and it would be nice to tell the audience that everything they need is already part of TeX Live and no extra installation is required.

Axel
--
Man sollte das mal mit ConTeXt betrachten.