[NTG-context] Can I use mkii and mkiv side by side?

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:48:35 CET 2015

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your attention.
Indeed I use the latest TeXShop (version 3.49) but regarding the content my mkii.engine file if I remove the line

source /Volumes/OK/context-minimal/tex/setuptex

then I cannot typeset with my standalone installation of Context: I tried to use a set path such as

set path = ($path /Volumes/OK/context-minimal/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin)

but I get an error message telling me:

/Users/kavian/Library/TeXShop/Engines/mkii.engine: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/Users/kavian/Library/TeXShop/Engines/mkii.engine: line 3: `set path = ($path /Volumes/OK/context-minimal/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin)’

So at this point I have to keep the instruction to source the setuptex file in order to typeset either with mkii or mkiv, using the standalone Context.

Best regards: OK