[NTG-context] Can I use mkii and mkiv side by side?

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 12:08:53 CET 2015

Hi Gerben,

Indeed this is possible to use mkii and mkiv side by side.
In particular if you use TeXShop, it is enough to say at the beginning of your TeX file

%!TEX TS-program = mkii

or

%!TEX TS-program = mkiv

where it is assumed that you have created two files named

	mkii.engine

and

	mkiv.engine

located in the directory

	~/Library/TeXShop/Engines

For instance my file mkii.engine contains the following lines:

#!/bin/bash
source /Volumes/OK/context-minimal/tex/setuptex
texexec --autogenerate --synctex=1 "$1"

where
	/Volumes/OK/context-minimal/tex/setuptex
is the path to the file setuptex in my Context standalone directory.

Best regards: OK